CRM Mitchell1 2020-02-12T23:11:52+00:002005 Dodge Stratus CRM Mitchell1 2020-02-12T23:11:52+00:00
- A camshaft belt will need to be installed to time the engine and properly diagnose the severity of damage to the engine and its supporting components. The vehicle and engine components passed all pre assembly testing. None of the vehicles systems have been serviced and all components removed were original. See below for repair procedures required to get the engine running as well as service items required to get the vehicle back into safe, reliable condition.
- Clean the debris from the engines lower intake, and remove all ignition coil assemblies and spark plugs. Clean the exterior of the coil assembly, and plug bores to keep debris from entering the engine or its components. Remove all ignition wires and spark plugs. Run thread chaser through the cylinder head to remove debris and clean the spark plug hole threads. Set the new plug gap to the manufacturers specification and apply anti-seize compound to the plug threads. Install the new spark plugs and torque them to specification. Remove the ignition wires from the coil pack and clean coil pack connections. Run new ignition wires using dielectric grease on the terminal and boot ends. Remove air filter element and clean the inside of the air inlet box. Reassemble air box and remove fuel lines at the filter assembly. Clean fuel line ends and replace o-rings, clips or sealing washers and install new fuel filter where applicable. Perform full injection system service using the Motor Vac System… The MotorVac Complete Fuel System Service is a revolutionary procedure that uses a specially designed machine that hooks directly to the vehicle. Utilizing a special detergent (which will not damage your vehicles sophisticated fuel system components) the equipment removes the dirt, varnish, and carbon deposits that normally build up on the intake valves, fuel injectors, and combustion surfaces. The air intake plenum, air charge, air bypass valve, and throttle body are also thoroughly cleaned during this process. In addition, oxygen sensors, and catalytic converters are cleaned reducing harmful exhaust emissions. All fuel system components are thoroughly tested as part of this service; Fuel pressure (static, and dynamic) regulator operation, leak down (at both injector assemblies and pump shuttle valve) and volume tests to verify that your fuel system is operating properly. Base idle adjustment is included where applicable. Install data scanner and run engine to operating temperature to verify that all computer controls are operating within parameters. Road test vehicle and verify static ignition timing and applicable fluid levels.
- Drain the engine coolant and flush the system in both directions with water to remove sediment. Forward and reverse flush radiator, heater core, heater control valve, and engine block. Remove the vehicles overflow container and wash out debris where necessary, and fill the reservoir to capacity with new engine coolant. Remove the engines serpentine and or V style drive belts, and clean and lubricate any idlers, pivots, or tensioner assemblies for later reassembly. Remove […]
CRM Mitchell1 2018-10-07T22:00:29+00:002005 Dodge Pickup CRM Mitchell1 2018-10-07T22:00:29+00:00
- Bearing assemblies were both saved and not required at this time. Both forward outer axle joints replaced with H-D Units.
George H. gave our service a 5 star review on 10/6/2018
CRM Mitchell1 2018-05-07T22:00:20+00:002004 Dodge Stratus CRM Mitchell1 2018-05-07T22:00:20+00:00
- The vehicles idle air control valve stuck causing the engine to run excessively lean. Remove the valve and clean the passages. Install a new valve, and replace the vehicles spark plugs. Reset the processors memory and verify that the base idle is within specification.
Edward D. gave our service a 5 star review on 5/6/2018